DC Solid control offers the industry’s highest gas and liquids handling capacity and enables operators to drill deeper, large diameter and exploratory wells at higher circulating rates, which separates gas out of the mud after the gas comes out of hole. Gas will be vent to atmosphere via the vent line in derrick (offshore operation) or the line away from the rigs (land operation) and the mud will be returned back to the pit. In the oilfield, people have several names for the mud gas separator as “poor boy degasser” or “gas buster”.
DCSZYQ series mud gas separator increases gas and liquids handling capacities and permits immediate sale of gas during drilling operations. It also provides more efficient separation of emulsions and gas-cut mud in either gas or oil environments, eliminating the need and cost of a skimming system in a gas environment.
- Maximizes free gas/mud separation.
- Unique U-shaped tube design eliminates moving parts and ensures a positive fluid seal, maintaining safe mud levels.
- Safely handles trip gas in under-balance drilling applications.
- Efficient baffle arrangement to easily separate gas from fluid.
- Two vertical surge chamber pressure lines allow expansion and diffuse downstream pressure.
- Available in varying sizes and lengths, accommodating any volume of fluid with high concentrations of gas.
- Heavy-duty steel construction and adjustable mounting skid for any rig.