A centrifuge decanter; consists of a solid cylindirical bowl rotating at high speed, a scroll rotating at the same axis with a slightly different speed, a drive group adjusting the speed difference and the body which carries all the rotating elements.
Work principle of decanter centrifuge
Separate the solid phases in the drilling mud by the centrifugal sedimentation principle. Suspending fluids is pushed into the rotor drum through the inlet pipe and under the force of screw propeller, under the effect of centrifugal force, the solid phases will be pushed onto the inside wall of the drum, pass the impeller on the screw propeller and be discharged from the exhaust hole at the small side of the drum. The fluids is excreted from the overflow hole of the large end. So continuous circle like above to achieve the target of continuous solid-liquid separation .
Features structure of decanter centrifuge
1. The bowl is cylindrical / conic and rotates at a pre-adjusted speed most appropriate for the application.
2. Spiral rotates at a slightly different speed than the bowl and conveys the accumulated solids to the end of the conic section of the bowl.
3. The wear parts of DC decanters offer a wide range of wear protection products to be applied.
4. Special selection and order of bearings ensure long machinery life and exceptional reliability.
5. Treated liquids flow over the leveling plates and move forward to the end of the cylindrical section of the bowl of which they’ll be delivered to.